Complete Athlete FAQs
What is Complete Athlete?
We focus on physiological and neuromuscular development to improve the physical tools needed for enhanced skill execution and individual tactics. The goal is to not just improve fitness, but also sport-specific conditioning, athleticism, and performance abilities. Simply put, we train you like an athlete. This is not a “machine based” gym program or a group exercise class.
What programs are available?
We currently have the following programs available for Student/Athletes & for Adults/General Fitness:
- The Speed & Strength program is our flagship program for Athletes. This is a 90 minute program that includes Trunk Strength, Speed, Agility, Quickness & Jump training, Strength & Mobility and Conditioning.
- Strictly Speed is a program designed for athletes that want all the benefits of the Speed, Agility, Quickness & Jump training but are either not ready for resistance training or have resistance training obligations elsewhere. This is a 45 minute program that includes everything from the Speed & Strength program except for the strength & mobility portion.
- The Post Injury Training program is for athletes who are working on returning to sports from injury. We'll work with an injured athlete's doctor, PT and staff from Scaccia Physical Therapy to properly progress them to full strength & speed.
- We also offer Private Lessons for both Athletes and for General Fitness. Whether you're an adult looking to improve fitness or relieve pain from a pre-existing injury or you're looking to improve speed, strength and footwork our coaches have the experience and unique expertise to design a fully customized program to help you reach your goals.
- For general fitness for adults we offer Women's Fitness Classes and Men's Fitness Classes. We take all of the principles that make our athlete training programs great and we translate that for an adult population. Train like an athlete, feel like an athlete!
If you have a need that is not met by any of these four programs, please contact us. We also welcome suggestions for future programs.
What ages are welcomed at the Complete Athlete Sports Performance Clinics?
Generally speaking we have programs for all ages. At the start of the session, every athlete goes through a baseline functional assessment to evaluate personal strengths and areas of needed improvement. The information gathered is used to develop the program utilized in the session. We have trained athletes as young as 7 years old with private coaching and have trained many younger than 10 years old in private coaching or the Strictly Speed program.
How did Complete Athlete get started?
In 1999, Scott Burgess began Complete Athlete as an individual training program in Boston, MA. During the summer months of 2001-2004, Complete Athlete offered speed and power clinics in Bedford, MA. In the spring of 2005, in partnership with Bob Scaccia of Scaccia Physical Therapy, Complete Athlete opened their doors in Derry, NH. Since 1999, the coaches at Complete Athlete have trained a spectrum of athletes including middle school aged athletes, division 1 recruits, and Team USA Olympians.
What if I have an injury that prohibits certain exercises, will I be able to participate?
Depending on the injury, a physician’s clearance will be needed for participation. However, following the baseline functional assessment performed at the start of the session, the program will be adjusted to meet specific needs. We also have physical therapists on staff that can answer questions regarding injuries and weakness.
Are team discounts available?
Yes. Please contact us more information.
When can I start?
Please review our Gym Schedule regarding session dates. We offer a “Rolling Enrollment” that allows you to begin and end a program based on your needs. if you're new to Complete Athlete you can either call/email us to set up an evaluation or simply register online and we'll contact you as soon as we see the form in our inbox. We make every attempt to be flexible for all four programs. Please contact us if the sessions do not fit into your schedule so we can discuss other options.
What payment methods are accepted?
We accept cash, check, money order, credit/debit cards are accepted on site at our gym. We accept credit/debit cards in our online store and for e-invoices.